Yes or No: Movie Sequels
It's time for "Yes or No." We give you a statement, and you decide YES, it's true . . . or NO, it's false. Rumor has it that sequels for "Goonies" and "Mrs. Doubtfire" might be in the works. So today's topic is lame movie sequels.
1. There have been six "Leprechaun" movies so far.
Yes: One through four. Then the spin-off "Leprechaun: In the Hood" came out in 2000. And that one ALSO got a sequel,"Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood", in 2003. Plus a SEVENTH movie called "Leprechaun: Origins" comes out later this year.
2. "Shrek 2" is the highest grossing sequel of all time.
No: It made $436 million. But "The Dark Knight Rises" made $448 million. And "Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace" made $475 million, although technically it's a prequel.
3. "The Neverending Story" has had TWO sequels.
Yes: "The Neverending Story 2: The Next Chapter" and "The Neverending Story 3: Escape from Fantasia". And in each movie, a different actor played the main character Bastian.
4. Disney has made three "Cinderella" movies.
Yes: But two and three were both straight-to-video.
5. "Jaws 2" was the first major motion picture to use a roman numeral in the title.