Yes or No: Cinco de Mayo
It's time for "Yes or No." We give you a statement, and you decide YES, it's true . . . or NO, it's false. Today's theme is Cinco de Mayo trivia.
1. Cinco de Mayo celebrates Mexico's independence from Spain.
2. More people celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the U.S. than in Mexico.
Yes: It's actually a relatively minor holiday in Mexico.
3. The Mexican flag has a cactus on it.
Yes: The middle of the flag shows a golden eagle standing on a cactus, eating a snake.
4. The largest Cinco de Mayo celebration takes place in San Antonio each year.
No: It's called the Festival de Fiesta Broadway, and it happens in Los Angeles. This year, they're expecting 300,000 people.
5. Americans eat about 7 MILLION pounds of avocados around Cinco de Mayo.
No: It's actually much HIGHER than that. The real number is 81 million pounds.